Re: [wtp-dev] Screen readers and description labels vs. text areas

There is some information on this here:

http://help.eclipse.org/help32/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/misc/ui_accessibility_tips.html

If you set the Text widget to be read-only, it *should* have the same color as the background as far as I know.

"David Gorton" <dgorton@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/12/2006 05:37 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."        <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Screen readers and description labels vs. text areas

I am doing some clean up on UI. We have heard rumors that descriptions that should be picked up by alternative screen readers should be contained in a text area. Unfortunately, this sets up a background problem where the description gets a different background than the rest of the composite.

Do text areas need to be used for alternative screen readers to find descriptions?

I would like to fix this problem by using a simple Label instead. Will that be picked up by alternative screen readers?

Thanks,
David Gorton
BEA Systems

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain
information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated
entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or
by email and then delete it.