Re: [wtp-dev] WTP M4 Shutdown Plan

Hi John,

Just a heads up that DTP 1.0 is planned for general availability on the 22nd.  I assume we would still want to use this for our M4, but I'm not sure if there are any logistical issues that would be problematic.  Here is a link to their end game plan for 1.0 - http://www.eclipse.org/datatools/pmc/endgame_plans/dtp_1.0/DTP%201.0%20Endgame%20Plan.htm.

Neil

John Lanuti wrote:

Hey guys,

As determined in the status call last week, there was an overwhelming interest in shifting our M4 dates from January to late December.  To this end, here is a reworked proposal for M4 shutdown.  Please read and review and provide any feedback or suggestions and we can come to a concensus in the meeting on Thursday.
Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
03
04

05 06 07

Smoke Tests
Status Call
08

1.5.3 M Build
2.0 I Build

09
10
11
Step up to Platform M4 candidate
12 13 14

Smoke Tests
Status Call
15
1.5.3 M Build
(Platform M4)
2.0 I Build
Step up EMF/Platform
16
17
18

Verifications/
Function Test 2.0
19

Compatibility Test 2.0
20

Fix and M4 Build
21

Smoke Tests
Status Call
22
1.5.3 M Build
(EMF M4)
Step up EMF
WTP M4
23

Break until 2007- Happy Holidays!

Things to note:

WTP 1.5.3
We will continue with 1.5.3 Maintenance builds as usual.

WTP 2.0
The platform M4 is on Friday December 15th, so we will step up on Monday 11th to provide any feedback before moving up to the official M4 on Friday Dec 15th.
EMF M4 is on Friday December 22nd, so we will step on Friday Dec 15th so we have it for the following week's tests.  We will slip in the EMF official M4 on Dec 22 when we declare our M4.

Test
Two day test pass on Monday Dec 18th and Tuesday Dec 19th.  First day consisting of any defect verifications and all functional tests.  The second day would be any remaining functional tests and the creation/execution of compatibility scenarios for WTP 1.5->2.0 and WTP 2.0->1.5.  This leaves us Wednesday to fix any major or blocking bugs and to spin a WTP 2.0 M4 candidate to smoke test the following day.

Post Dec 22
We will not leave the possibility of adding any defect fixes after Dec 22 into WTP M4 even though the official Europa date is January 5th.

Thanks,

John Lanuti
IBM Web Tools Platform Technical Lead, IBM Rational
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx
t/l 441-7861