From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Jesper Steen Moller
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 9:52 PM
To: General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] Java EE 5 models design overview

Actually, the current J2EE models rely on hand-coded XML translation
between the EMF and DOM model, using the nifty Translator framework.
Making that work with an EMF model is done by hand, and not for the
faint of heart.
However, it gives rewards with round-trip editing inside SSE and with
the possibility of versioning the XML, e.g. for web.xml 2.2, 2.4.

We're using this framework in the Mule IDE - it is very powerful, but
has its quirks.

-Jesper