RE: [wtp-dev] Still waiting on smoke test results for WTP 2.0 and failing Junits?

The JSP failing test has yet to be reproduced locally.  We're not sure if
it's just a quirk of the one build.

---
Nitin Dahyabhai

"Larry Isaacs" <Larry.Isaacs@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/10/2006 12:50 PM
Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."
<wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."
<wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [wtp-dev] Still waiting on smoke test results for WTP 2.0   andfailing
Junits?

With respect to the org.eclipse.jst.ws.tests, I have recently found a
thread safety issue with respect to ModuleStructuralModel via its
dependence on org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl, which
in turn depends on org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.  I believe the
exception that appears in the failure fits one of the scenarios that can
occur with concurrent access to ModuleStructuralModel.  If so, this would
be a hit or miss occurrence.

I started filling a bug report, but got stuck trying to come up with a
reproducible test case to demonstrate the problem that doesn't involve our
SAS plug-ins.  I'll go ahead file report today with explanations and
hopefully add a test case to demonstrate it in a development environment
later.

Cheers,
Larry