[wtp-dev] Eclipse question

Title: Eclipse question

Is there an option in Eclipse 3,2 that I can set that states: Do not deploy the EAR file when I right-click a JSP page to "RUN ON SERVER" option?

I did not see anything to that effect but thought someone out here would be lot more knowledgeable than I am and I would appreciate any direction, insight or help ASAP.

The reason for this question is our dev team just installed Eclipse 3.2 and JBoss 4.0.5.GA on our local Windows XP machines.

When trying to run on server a JSP page from within the Eclipse 3.2 IDE I am getting the
following error:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report
message
description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from
fulfilling this request.
exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.findClass(RepositoryClassLoader.java:620)
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClassImpl(RepositoryClassLoader.java:464)
org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClass(RepositoryClassLoader.java:405)
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
org.acegisecurity.ui.ntlm.NtlmProcessingFilter.onPreAuthentication(NtlmProcessingFilter.java:344)
org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:200)
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:110)
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:191)

org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:148)
org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:90)
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/5.5.20 logs.

It appears(?) that the issue is that Eclipse will rebuild and redeploy the EAR
to JBoss while at the same time opening up IE and trying to load the JSP. JBoss
eventually will see the new EAR and it has to go through a process of unloading
the current EAR from memory and then reloading the new EAR. The error I see is
happening when JBoss unloads the current EAR from memory as far as I can tell.

Melinda Savoy
Sr. Programmer Analyst
Enterprise Systems

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information. Please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message from your system.

Back to the top