[wtp-dev] Final Test and Tracking Document

I hope everyone recalls, Monday and Tuesday should be spent testing 1.5.1, final version.

Its main purpose is just to confirm our expected fixes are in, and there are no serious regressions.

Plus ... something new this time! I'd like us to document a little better how and what we test.

Members of the community are welcome to join in, naturally, and can add to the test-tracking page as well.

I have started a test tracking page at

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/WTP_Release_1.5.1_Final_Test

Feel free to improve it.

The idea of this tracking is to better understand how much, if any, coverage we get using certain JRE's, Operating Systems, etc.
In the future, we may need to actually assign certain combinations to get adequate coverage, but I thought just documenting what we
do is the best starting point for more rigorous testing methodology.

BTW, I know many have been very busy testing this past week, so I am not asking anyone to completely duplicate things you're already
done ... .but, just provide some good regression testing, since so many changes have gone in this past week or two.

Many thanks to all helping to put the final touches on this maintenance release!

Final bits with "R" in the name ... http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/committers/drops/R1.5/R-1.5.1-200609230508/

A callisto install (what there is so far) can be obtained by defining your own remote site:
http://download.eclipse.org/callisto/staging

Back to the top