Re: [wtp-dev] Project Facets Tutorial

Hi Konstantin,

I've looked at your tutorial and here are some comments:

The tutorial is nice and simple; looks good.

The following questions are though still unanswered to me after this tutorial: (note: some of these you have answered previously, and I think they are relevant in
context of a facet tutorial or at least as an appendix)

1) Why does the version comparator only handle numeric values and not OSGi compliant versioning ? :)

2) How is facet intended to be used in context of general, non-j2ee bound frameworks.

3) How do you enable a facet on a non-facet project (related to #3)

4) General practices on handling the various project types and their differencies. ? e.g. a hibernate facet would need to be able to "install" into both ear, jar and war and each have their way of handling lib locations etc. Is there something to help on this or is that something that will need to be implemented in each and every facet ? (lib handling
is only one part of this)

5) ...

That is about it. Hope you can use it.

/max

The first draft of the Project Facets Tutorial is now available. If
anyone can spare a few cycles to review it and send me your comments
that would be much appreciated. I am interesting in hearing from both
the people who have experience developing facets as well as those who
have never seen this API before. Let me know what's unclear, what's not
covered, or anything else you can think of. Make sure to reply directly
to me so as not to spam everyone.

Thanks,

- Konstantin

by email and then delete it.