Re: [wtp-dev] Criteria for WTP 1.0.3 approval -- and 1.0.3 builds

Jeffrey's note reminds me to clarify status of 1.0.3 builds ...  because last week, I said this week, and now this week, I'd like to say next week.

I've check with some "prime adopters" and they thought this fine, if this effects anyone I'm not aware of please let me know.

And, committers ... even after the 3 vote approval, please use care releasing as we will want to following "versioning rules" carefully.

That is, the first time something is released to a plugin for 1.0.3, its version's service number should be bumped up by one.
Plus, we do not yet, have a good "automatic" solution for incrementing effected feature version qualifiers, and in the worst case, will have
to do so "manually", by tagging/releasing the cvs version of effected features ... both so the features service number is changed the first time
one of its contained plugins change, and from then on, change it qualifier (cvs version tag) when ever on of its contained plugins change).

So, if you are the first to release a fix to a plugin, you should up the version's service number, AND, I suggest, make a note
in the bug that you have done so, (and what version was, and what you changed it to) so there will be trace of it, in case that makes it easier to manage this.

The end-goal of all this care in versioning is so that, in principle, someone could "pick up" any build and update a current install with it,
and all the right versions would be installed, and right ones picked at run time.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Liu <jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/10/2006 05:23 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Criteria for WTP 1.0.3 approval

Hi,

Just a reminder to everyone that the criteria for WTP 1.0.3 approval is 3 or more positive votes and no negative votes. All fixes must meet this criteria before they can be released to the WTP 1.0.3 build. I've created a Web page [1] that shows you which bugs were approved:

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/plans/1.0.3/ramp-down-bugs-approval.html

Thanks,

Jeffrey Liu
IBM Rational Software
IBM Toronto Lab.
8200 Warden Ave. Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
Internal mail: D3/UMZ/8200/MKM (D3-268)
T/L: 969 3531
Tel: (905) 413 3531
Fax: (905) 413 4920