Also, the known problems with the Web
services tools refered to in the forwarded note in last week's WTP 1.5
integration driver I200604062351 have all been resolved and verified
in this week's WTP 1.5 M6 builds.
Rational Java Web Services, IBM Toronto Lab
D3-354, D3/R8V/8200/MKM, 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, Canada,
kathy@xxxxxxxxxx, (905) 413-3022, tieline: 969-6038, fax: (905) 413-4920
----- Forwarded by Kathy
Chan/Toronto/IBM on 04/13/2006 03:42 PM -----
Kathy Chan/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
04/07/2006 12:10 AM
Please respond to
Kathy Chan and "General discussion of project-wide or architectural
[wtp-dev] What's new in the
Web Services wizards in this week's WTP 1.5 integration driver
Please note that we have added the following enhancements to the Web Services
tools in this week's integration driver I200604062351. Here are a
summary of the changes:
- Brand new first page to the Web Services wizard and Web Services Client
wizard. Check them out, they are cool. :
- The first three pages of the Web Services
Wizards have been combined into a new first page.
- The user can use the service and client sliders
to select whether to develop, install, start and test.
- The user can use the various links in the
summary section to change server, Web service runtime, project and EAR.
- The user can optionally use the Web service -> Resource Management
-> Merge generated skeleton preference to enable merging of the
generated skeleton file with pre-existing skeleton implementation file
- The Web Services Explorer's WSDL browser now shows WSDL files under different
- Support for nils and attributes in the Web Services Explorer .
- Added Web service -> Axis Emitter preference page .
You can find more details on the enhancements under:
Please keep the following in mind when using the new Web Services wizards
in this week's WTP 1.5 integration driver:
- You need to use the Browse button to select the Service Implementation.
It's not automatically defaulted to the initial selection. Failure
to do that would result in a ClassCastException when attempting to
click Next or Finish. .
- You may need to resize the wizards to access all controls. This
is especially important in order to access the client slider. 
- Use the service and client sliders to control whether to develop, install
and start the service and client. They replaces the check boxes that
used to be on the first page.
- There are cases when the Web service runtime, server, project and EAR
are not defaulted properly. Use the various summary links to ensure
that the settings are correct . These settings are currently not
being displayed on the first page even after they are set .