Re: [wtp-dev] Recommended approach for getting IPath for "WebContent" folder?

You can use following :

IVirtualComponent component = ComponentCore.createComponent( project );
component.getRootFolder().getProjectRelativePath();

But...   component.getRootFolder().getProjectRelativePath()   gives the  first  folder which is mapped to   deploy-path of    "/"  .

In the  default   web project created by WTP ,  it is the  WebContent,  so you will get it  back
 <wb-resource source-path="/WebContent" deploy-path="/"/>

Thanks
Neeraj  Agrawal

"Ian Trimble" <ian.trimble@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/07/2006 02:02 PM

Please respond to
"ian.trimble@xxxxxxxxxx" and "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Recommended approach for getting IPath for "WebContent"        folder?

Hi,

For the JSF Tools Project, we have situations where we need to obtain an IPath for the "WebContent" (regardless of actual name that user specifies) folder. We have discovered at least one approach (get WebArtifactEdit, get its deployment descriptor path, strip a couple of segments from it), but now I am wondering if there is an approach that feels like less of a hack.

Is there a recommended (and robust, of course) approach that anyone is willing to recommend (taking into consideration the fact that we cannot assume a constant name of "WebContent", since the user can change this)?

Thanks in advance,
 - Ian

Ian Trimble
JDeveloper Group
Oracle Corporation Canada Inc.
Office: (250) 954-0837
Email: ian.trimble@xxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.oracle.com
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender and delete all copies.