Re: [wtp-dev] Validator Settings

Konstantin, I think I see them under \.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources
a sign that "resource properties" are being used? (And, contrary to the name, these are not "shared", but are specific to workspace).
So, that sounds kind of old fashioned, left over, and I'm sure the preference API could be used.

But, my guess is that even then, user-oriented workspace preference is correct. That these really are envisioned as
user-oriented preferences ... that is, depending on what the user is doing they may want some on, or others off.

So, not sure what advice to give on your delima, but ... hope you open a bug on one validator causing problems with
another ... that doesn't sound good.

"Konstantin Komissarchik" <kosta@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/18/2006 08:31 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Validator Settings

When I override validator settings at a project level and turn off a validator, where are those settings kept? We are having difficulties with WSDL validator conflicting with BEA-specific functionality, so we turn it off for a project when one of our facets is installed. However, when the project is imported into a different workspace (team environment), that change is lost. It doesn’t appear that this is kept at the project level. Where is this information kept and is there a reason that’s it is not kept in the project directory?

Thanks,

- Konstantin

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain
information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated
entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or
by email and then delete it.