Fw: [wtp-dev] No I-build yet this week

Web services smoke tests are happy on I200603172120.

Cheers - CB.

Chris Brealey
Senior Advisory Technical Manager, Rational Java Web Services, IBM Canada Ltd.
D3-275, D3/ENX/8200/MKM, 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, Canada, L6G 1C7
cbrealey@xxxxxxxxxx, 905.413.6038, tieline:969.6038, fax:905.413.4920

----- Forwarded by Chris Brealey/Toronto/IBM on 03/17/2006 11:11 PM -----
Chris Brealey/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/17/2006 09:27 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] No I-build yet this week

David,

it's door #1 for the Web services team. I am downloading the latest I-build, I200603172120, and will post results as soon as I can.

Cheers - CB.

Chris Brealey
Senior Advisory Technical Manager, Rational Java Web Services, IBM Canada Ltd.
D3-275, D3/ENX/8200/MKM, 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, Canada, L6G 1C7
cbrealey@xxxxxxxxxx, 905.413.6038, tieline:969.6038, fax:905.413.4920

David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/17/2006 08:45 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] No I-build yet this week

Since only three teams responded to my request to smoke test I200603161844 (thanks Amy, Keith, and Lawrence)

I'm assuming that WTP committers are just too busy this week with other things and work on WTP is delayed, and therefore we do not yet have an I-build declared this week.
and therefore adding risk to our final Milestone build which is due in 4 weeks.

Or, perhaps since the build was not available and the request made until Thursday afternoon, instead of Thursday morning, teams just haven't had time yet? And have not even had time to keep us informed?

Or, perhaps teams found some blocking regressions and are busy fixing and re-building and just haven't had time to post a note yet?

After all, teams have still continued to release code and managed to produce 4 more I-builds since the request was made. And, I would hope all teams know not to release code while we are waiting for smoke test results while we are waiting for an I-build to be declared (except for blocking fixes).
These were builds

I200603180020

I200603172120

I200603171848

I200603171418

With these plugins changing in map files for reasons unknown (I do know about the innocent annotations.core change, which is not listed).

plugin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

plugin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

plugin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.server.generic.serverdefinitions

plugin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

plugin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In any case, let me (and list) know, or I'm assuming the first option -- which means "Integration day" rules still apply ... do not release code until the I-build is declared.
(unless its for a blocking defect, and then be sure a blocking defect is opened) . I think the whole PMC would have to decide if we just "skip" a week, and we do not meet until Tuesday,
so that may be your first chance to release more code.