From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Arthur Ryman
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 5:42 PM
To: General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
Cc: wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx; wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] specific wizard for creation of portlets (and taglibrary descriptors)

Dimiter,

Portlet support is currently not in our plan. My understanding of portlets is that they are not part of the core J2EE specification. They are extensions, correct? If a portlet project were proposed, a case could be made for having it incubate in WTP given the close affinity with J2EE.

TLD on the other hand is definitely in scope since JSP is part of J2EE. Are you interested in contributing a wizard?

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx

"Dimitrov, Dimiter" <d.dimitrov@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/13/2006 04:54 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[wtp-dev] specific wizard for creation of portlets (and tag library        descriptors)

Hi all,

I want to ask whether portlet support (specific wizard for creation of portlet project as well as creation of portlet.xml) is intended to be included in WTP1.5, or this will be concern of the contributors/vendors? I’m interesting about the similar wizard for TLD (tag library descriptor) too?

Best regards,
wtp-dev mailing list
wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx