[wtp-dev] Status of Project Explorer in WTP for 1.5 M5

Extended Team,

This is just a reminder that the Eclipse 3.2 Common Navigator continues to be a work in progress.  Therefore, the project explorer in WTP 1.5 M5 continues to be a work in progress.  I'll go ahead and list some of the key things to note:

-We do have java and resource content now, however the java and resource actions are not all there, like open/close project, project properties, open java editor, etc..
-The J2EE content is enabled and should have the new->menu items and open with support.
-Drag and drop is not working.
-Link with editor is not working.
-There is no working set support, so therefore we don't have project groupings, you just see the projects as is.
-Sometimes the projects show up twice.
-There are some refresh issues with creating beans.

Many of these items are already addressed by eclipse in M6 integration builds and we are just awaiting the opportunity to move WTP up to the m6 drivers.

If you have any questions/comments/issues, let me know.

Thanks,

John Lanuti
Software Engineer, IBM Rational
jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx
t/l 441-7861

"I know this lady way down in my country.
She is so pretty that my eyes throw disguises at me.
Now we will sit and we'll wonder about our future,
But now I'm thinking that today sounds fine to me."  - Of A Revolution

Back to the top