[wtp-dev] API freeze / policy

WTP committers and contributors,

The Callisto M5 milestone (March 3rd for WTP) is API freeze for all projects. That means that all API changes after that date for the WTP 1.5 release – including additions and “provisional to real API” promotions – require

  • JUnit tests
  • JavaDocs
  • Bugzilla entry
  • Adopter impact statement and component lead agreement in the Bugzilla entry
  • PMC approval

in order to be checked in. This policy aligns us with Callisto requirements and ensures that we avoid breaking adopters or downstream projects unwittingly, while recognizing that some changes may be necessary. New provisional APIs need tests and documentation, but do not require impact analysis or PMC approval. To the extent possible, please try to finalize APIs before 3/3 so that we can minimize late breaking changes and the need for the extra process.

by email and then delete it.

Back to the top