[wtp-dev] Validation Framework Enhancements

The Validation Framework has been reworked to improve the overall performance of client validators that are built using the framework. The rework has been completed to a point where it is ready for extenders of the framework to consume it. All rework done so far has been released to this weeks I build.

The rework had been in both UI and Non UI areas. The UI changes are mainly to simplify usability and give more granular control of when client validators are run at project level and global level. The Non UI changes is mainly the addition of Job support into the framework to run them in the background thread. Additionally there are also some Feature Enhancements done.

We would like all validators in WTP to use the Job support and convert all the existing validators to the new Job api as this encourages all adopters on top of WTP to use this support. Please get back to us it you need help moving to the new api or have any feedback about the implementation.

The details of these changes so far can be found at http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/wst/components/validation/ValidationFrameworkRework.html.

Thanks,

Regards, Vijay
Vijay Bhadriraju