[wtp-dev] Fw: Colorado Software Summit 2006: Call for Papers

I spoke about WTP at this event last year and highly recommend it. Note the explicit focus on open source and J2EE. I was the only Eclipse speaker but there was a lot of interest in Eclipse. General talks on using Eclipse or developing plugins would be well-received.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM on 02/15/2006 04:51 PM -----
Wayne Kovsky <wkovsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

02/15/2006 03:10 PM

CSS2006Speaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Colorado Software Summit 2006:  Call for Papers

Let me begin by apologizing for the impersonal nature of this email;
I have a very long list of former speakers to send it to and it
needed a form letter style in order to convey this information to so
many people.

We have posted the annual "Call for Papers" (http://
softwaresummit.com/2006/papers.htm) on our Web site, and we hope that
will prompt you to send new proposals for this year's conference.
You probably don't need to read the Call for Papers, as a former
speaker you already know everything about speaking here that you
could learn from that document.  You should consider this
notification as an invitation to send your proposals to speak at this
year's conference, whose dates are October 22 – 27, 2006.

While this conference is still primarily about using Java and Open
Source to implement and deploy web applications and web services, we
want to continue to increase our emphasis on the Open Source
components; on AJAX; on frameworks such as Spring/Hibernate, Ruby/
Ruby on Rails/Groovy, Seaside, Shale, etc.  With the expected general
availability near the conference dates of J2EE 2.0 (now Java
Platform, Enterprise Edition 5, or Java EE 5), and especially with
its much improved usability, we are of course interested in covering
that topic in some detail, including not only the J2EE technology
itself but also topics such as migration from J2EE 1.4 to J2EE 2.0.

By no means is this brief list of topics inclusive (nor is it
exclusive), it is intended only to get your creative juices flowing.
You know this conference well from having been a speaker here, so I
encourage you to send your topic proposals even if they seem well
outside my own lines of thinking at this point.  Some of our best
topics over the years have been topics I would not have thought to
include had they not been proposed by a former speaker.  I also
encourage you to recommend to your friends that they send proposals;
as in topics, some of our best speakers have been recommended to us
by other former speakers.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Regards,
Wayne