[wtp-dev] Finishing 1.0.1, and beginning ....

Just FYI, the PMC has proposed and approved another planned maintenance release for our 1.0.x stream.

To quote the minutes ...
"Targeting April 21st. Like 1.0.1, maintenance stream will be limited to specific bug fixes blocking adopters - no API or UI changes will be introduced. "

Notice this is right in between our M6 and first RC on the 1.5 stream, so, it is not as much time as it might seem .... please plan take seriously the " limited to specific bug fixes blocking adopters".
As for PMC or Architecture Council review if any doubt. (Besides time, of course, the risk of regression and the cost of maintaining a branch or two are great).

If you've already been working in the R1_0_maintenance branch, there is no need to branch again ... we will continue down the R1_0_maintenance branch.
For those of you that will now start a new branch for maintenance, while continuing 1.5 development in HEAD, it might be best to wait until we've tagged our actual release with R1_0_1 .. so you will have a clear "starting version".

Oh, and, yes, John, before you ask, :)  a request has been made to have  a new bugzilla target created.

What's needed to finish 1.0.1:

Please

1. verify defects, especially the blocker and critical ones that are in 1.0.1 builds.

2. please test stress cases, to be sure no funny regressions (e.g. on large projects) [Jeffrey, can you please summarize the state/status of our performance tests?]

3. please go through your website tutorials and "getting started" guides to be sure they are still accurate and work as documented.

4. Besides "windows/JRE 1.4", please be sure some on your teams are testing with linux and JRE 1.5.

5 ... and anything else you can think of.

Thanks everyone for getting us here!

Back to the top