[wtp-dev] Update site for WTP 1.0 is now declared available

Committers, (and friends of WTP)

I've just announced our update site on our newsgroup (text attached).
For those of you not familar with it, please view and/or read

http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/updates/index.html

and give it a try sometime.  This will become more and more important
as Eclipse project interdependancies become larger and more complex.

In fact, we are breaking a little new ground with this update site and is
a teenie tiny prototype of what might become part of the Collisto
update strategy.

Its the first I know of that that a site has used archive tags to
"point" to prereqs on eclipse, to make it easier for new users to
just go to one site ... well, almost one ... still have to start with
the base Eclipse 3.1.1 for now.

This makes the site.xml file look complicated
http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/updates/site.xml
But would be easy to automate and/or improve "dynamic look ups"
in the future.

As always, constructive feedback welcome.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

While we've found a couple of bugs and issues with updating WTP,
our official update site for WTP 1.0 is now available at

http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/updates/

Before pointing your Update Manager to the update site URL,
be sure to point your webbrowser to it first, and read the
section on "known issues". We've discovered a couple of glitches
in the system and workarounds are documented there, at

http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/updates/index.html

As always, let us know how it goes (and/or open bugs/feature requests that
reflect your experiences).

Thanks

Back to the top