Re: [wtp-dev] Support for JSP 2.1 EL in WTP 1.5..

Raghu,

In short, no, no plans.

But, let me explain and make some recommendations (for you and others making feature request or
plan queries).

If you are asking for someone to commit to doing more work, the answer will almost always be no. :)

But, more seriously, we seldom try to set a goal of "meeting such and such a spec level".  I'd like to
encourage anyone making a similar feature request to me more specific in terms of what a user needs.
For example, "content assist proposals for the new xyz construct that are new in version abc".
You know, maybe we won't give a validation error if used incorrectly, but may be syntax highlighting is important?
Or, is some new runtime capabilities needed? Or .. perhaps some new test effort is needed? Or, perhaps just
tolerate both #{} and ${} as "EL" but do little else?

So, perhaps you could open a feature request detailing what support you would like, expect, or need for 2.1?
That is, be sure to provide some motivating message in the bugzilla report  ... is it to enhance a users experience,
is it required for a certain adopter to ship a product/project on top of WTP, will (or do) errors occur if such
2.1 version constructs used? No to mention, be sure to spell out what's wrong with the current support, or
how it is inadequate for the needs expressed. Or, even, what the alternatives are with current level of
support (e.g. "have to install 'xyz.jar' by hand, but would be nice to detect and do automatically").

Of course, if you were just asking because if not planned you were volunteering to do the work, well,
then nevermind me and yes please do!  :)

HTH

David

Raghu Srinivasan <raghunathan.srinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/10/2006 08:52 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, wtp-jsf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Support for JSP 2.1 EL in WTP 1.5..

Hi,

Are there plans to support the JSP 2.1 _expression_ language in the WTP
1.5 release? The JSF Tools team is in the process of planning for the
WTP 1.5 relase and any pointer on this topic would be useful.

Thanks
Raghu