[wtp-dev] Agenda for the WTP Status Telecon, 2005-12-22

See WTP Status Telecons [1] for more information.

[1] http://eclipse.org/webtools/development/status-telecons/index.html

Agenda

1. WTP 1.0 Release Decision - Arthur Ryman

We'll review the currently unresolved bugs on the Hot List [1] and decide if any of these are stop-ship for WTP 1.0. Anyone who is advocating another release candidate should be prepared to champion their Hot Bug and its fix.

[1] http://eclipse.org/webtools/plans/1.0/adopter-hotlist-report.html

2. WTP 1.0.1 Planning - Arthur Ryman

WTP 1.0 included many important fixes, but we still have a lot of work to do in order to achieve acceptable quality. As soon as WTP 1.0 is released, we should begin fixing the bugs on the Hot List that are targetted for WTP 1.0.1.  We should be creating weekly I-builds that are suitable for vendor adopter. WTP 1.0.1 should be extremely stable, i.e. no interface or UI changes unless approved by the PMC. Ideally, adopters should not even have to recompile. If interface changes are unavoidable, they should be clearly announced and supported with migration instructions. The quality of WTP 1.0.1 should steadily improve - we should have zero toleration for regressions, either functional or performance.

3. WTP 1.5 Planning - Tim Wagner

Tim will review the alignment of the WTP 1.5 milestone plan with the Callisto train.

4. Requirements Process - Jochen Krause (Tentative)

Jochen will review the requirements process if he can make this call. Otherwise, we'll defer this to the new year.

5. Other Business - Open

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077