[wtp-dev] severe performance regression in 1.0rc5

I would like to bring attention of wtp developers to severe performance regression(s) introduced in 1.0rc5

121603 "Publishing to Tomcat" takes forever!
121692 Resource change takes ~1 min

After a very quick look at appears that the problem is somewhere in J2EEFlexProjDeployable#members which means that it is not limited to Tomcat users and it will make WTP 1.0 virtually unusable to anyone with relatively large workspace. In my opinion this needs to be fixed for 1.0 otherwise there will be significant negative feedback about the release.

It is bit too late now, but I should be able to look at this problem more closely tomorrow (if this increases chances of getting this fixed for 1.0).

Igor Fedorenko

Back to the top