Re: [wtp-dev] RC3 declared: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 -- 17:34 (UTC) (New J2EE defects)

Chuck Bridgham wrote:

Over the weekend, two high priority bugs have been opened on the j2ee component, I'll explain each one, to get an opinion on making an RC4 for these.

120280 cri P2 cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx fgiust@xxxxxxxxxx NEW 1.0 1.0 M10 "Could not publish to the server" on wtp 1.0rc2

This failure is caused by projects that use more than one source folder. Although our UI doesn't directly support this case, many users are currently using the .components file to manage the publishable contents, and without this fix, would be a regression from the 0.7 Release supporting these structures. - Tim mentioned in his patch to us, and I verified the fix is simply a typo during an array copy.

I strongly vote to put this in.

I want to stress that WTP 0.7 used separate output folders for projects with multiple source folders be default (i.e as a user I did not have a choice). This forced us change all our build scripts to adjust to this rather strange requirement when we moved to WTP 0.7 and it would be really not nice ;-) if WTP 1.0 *forced* us to change everything back.

Igor Fedorenko

Back to the top