Re: [wtp-dev] RC3 Hot Bug Status and Process

Arthur,
thanks. We have a total of two blockers in Web services, 119997 and 120014. Fixes have been made and well tested, and are ready to commit and release. It is essential we fix both in WTP 1.0. Answers to your questions follow, and I've added as much gory detail as I dare to the bugs themselves.

1. Is there are workaround?
        No.
        119997 manifests itself as an unpredictable and generally unavoidable deadlock in the workbench.
        120014 results in loss of data to the end user.

2. Should this be defered?
        No.

3. Can this be fixed in time for the next release candidate (if one is planned)? If no, then request another release candidate. Either way, request PMC approval.
        Fixes for both bugs are ready. I'm not sure where RC3 is in the pipeline. Is it still open to fixes?

Would the PMC please approve these and advise me on when to release them?

Thanks much,
Cheers - CB.

Chris Brealey
Senior Advisory Technical Manager, Rational Java Web Services, IBM Canada Ltd.
D3-275, D3/ENX/8200/MKM, 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, Canada, L6G 1C7
cbrealey@xxxxxxxxxx, 905.413.6038, tieline:969.6038, fax:905.413.4920

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/09/2005 09:42 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] RC3 Hot Bug Status and Process

We recieved a new Hot Bug, 119997, which I have asked Chris Brealey to investigate.

>From now on, as new bugs are reported, we need to answer the following questions:

1. Is there are workaround? If yes, then I'll add this to the Release Notes. Otherwise,

2. Should this be defered? If no, then

3. Can this be fixed in time for the next release candidate (if one is planned)? If no, then request another release candidate. Either way, request PMC approval.

When you make your recommendation #3, request PMC approval to fix or build another release candidate.
119997 blo P2 cbrealey@xxxxxxxxxx yenlu@xxxxxxxxxx NEW jst.ws --- PublishProjectCommand hangs
118727 blo P2 deboer@xxxxxxxxxx danjou@xxxxxxxxxx REOP jst.serv 1.0 M10 Unable to set web module path in server document
119769 cri P2 deboer@xxxxxxxxxx deboer@xxxxxxxxxx NEW jst.serv 1.0 M10 No modification stamp change in Utility project
110455 enh P2 deboer@xxxxxxxxxx ryman@xxxxxxxxxx ASSI wst.serv 1.0 M10 List Downloadable Server Runtimes