[wtp-dev] WTP Targetting Conventions - Please Leave Hot Bugs As It

I've noticed some activity on Bugzilla that has removed the target milestone of Hot Bugs and set their Priority to P4.

As I recall it, we adopted the P4 convention to deal with bugs that appeared in the in-box. We agreed to set them to P4 to indicate that we had looked at them but could not assign them yet or target them yet. Marking them as P4 was just a way to flag them as having been looked at.

For Hot Bugs, please leave the priority as P2 at least. Also, it would be better to leave the target milestone to a milestone in the targetting release, e.g. if you can't commit for 1.5 M1 then set it for 1.5 M2, and try to pull if forward. Removing the taget milestone altogether leaves the wrong impression. We really need to show adopters that we are giving these bugs high attention.

We can discuss this more post-WTP 1.0. Let's leave the priorities at P2 for now please. Let's focus on fixing the bugs. We can fine tune our process later. Thx.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411