[wtp-dev] RC2 Readiness and Release Plan

Our plan is to build RC2 at end of day Dec.7. We have a fair number of open Hot Bugs, P1 and critical/blockers (see my recent posts). Most of these need to get into RC2 or be defered. We will create another build Dec. 9 which will be our Release Candidate.

The week of Dec.12-16 will be dedicated to testing. If any serious problems are still unresolved or new ones are found, we'll consider rebuilding and delaying the release of WTP 1.0.  If we decide not to rebuild, then we'll document the unresolved serious problems in Release Notes. I'll edit the Release Notes.

Recall that any new build will reset our testing clock to allow for a full week of testing prior to release.

We're getting very close, but there is still a lot of work to do. We'll discuss these issues further at the telecon on Thursday.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411