[wtp-dev] Corrected Minutes of the WTP Status Telecon, 2005-12-01

See WTP Status Telecons [1] for more information.

[1] http://eclipse.org/webtools/development/status-telecons/index.html

Attendees:

Amy Wu
Arthur Ryman
Chris Brealey
Chuck Bridgham
David Williams
Der-Ping Chou
Jeffrey Liu
John Lanuti
Kathy Chan
Keith Chong
Kosta Komissarchik
Larry Isaacs
Lawrence Mandel
Nitin Dahyabhai
Phil Avery
Raghu Srinivasan
Rob Frost
Sheila Sholars
Ted Bashor
Tim deBoer
Tim Wagner

Minutes

1. Review of Open Action Items [1] - Arthur Ryman

114446 nor P3 PC cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx NEW jst.j2ee [action] Open API requests for non-API usages in WTP
115149 nor P3 PC jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx NEW releng [action] We need to start doing scalability testings
117795 nor P3 PC jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx ryman@xxxxxxxxxx NEW releng [action] Add Links to Overview Documents for APIs
117794 nor P3 PC jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx ryman@xxxxxxxxxx NEW releng [action] Resolve False Positives in API Violation Report
113137 nor P3 PC naci.dai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx NEW jst.j2ee [action] Create a tutorial document for facets

114446:
Defer to post 1.0.

115149:
Jeffrey - I posted a note on the latest results. I've detected a few memory leaks and will open bugs. I'll close this action and continue growing the test coverage. DONE

117795: :
Jeffrey - I resolved the error in picking up documents referenced in component.xml DONE

117794:
Jeffrey - DONE.

113137:
Defer to post 1.0

[1]  https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=casesubstring&short_desc=%5Baction%5D&product=Web+Tools&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

2. WTP 1.0 M10 RC1 Readiness - David Williams

We'll review smoke test results on this morning's RC1 candidate.

David - The build was good. Only one smoke test reported - XML is good. Respin requested by Kosta and Kathy.

Chuck - J2EE smoke testing is not complete yet, but we hit a major problem when editing deployment descriptors, a model problem. We need to fix this for RC1.

Der-Ping- Smoke testing not done yet, but will do it this afternoon.

Tim - Server tools are OK.

Arthur - The current RC1 candidate is not good. We'll respin now to pick up the fixes from Kathy and Kosta, and will wait for fix from Chuck.

TimD - Are other fixes allowed?

Arthur - I think they should be if they are very important and you are confident of the quality.

David - We should limit fixes to well-tested, important one, and advertise them on the wtp-dev list.

TImW - Agreed.

David - Chuck, pls open a bug for the problem you hit.

Arthur - Summary: Respin now and respin again when Chuch resolves the problem.

3. WTP 1.0 M10 RC2 Bug Triage - Arthur Ryman
We'll review the bug backlog. Rather than include the bugs here, let's view the live stats via the queries at [1]. We need to decide which bugs to defer to WTP 1.0.1 or 1.5.

The Adopter Hot List was triaged and comments added to Bugzilla.

[1] http://eclipse.org/webtools/development/bugs/bugs.html

4. Other Business - Open

Lawrence - Extension point schemas and documentation is needed.

Sheila - Is documentation required for internal extension points?

Lawrence - Mark it as internal in the schema or extension point document so I can filter it out from the ISV documentation. I'll provide a link to my note.

David - FYI. I'll be reviewing the internal extension points next release.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411