Re: [wtp-dev] API scan for I-I200511281843-200511281843 is available

I know some of the missing Javadoc for css, dtd, html, sse, jsp, xml, ui is because there are classes that extend other classes, so the methods overridden do not have JavaDoc.  Is JavaDoc really necessary in that case?  I suppose we can get around this by adding a comment like so:
/*
 * @see  <method overridden>
 */

______________________________
Amy Wu
Structured Source Editor
919.254.0299, T/L 444.0299
amywu@xxxxxxxxxx

Arthur Ryman <ryman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/29/2005 10:03 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] API scan for I-I200511281843-200511281843 is available

The latest API Progress Report is looking very encouraging overall. There are a few anomolies though.

Three WST components have 0 JUnit coverage:  css.ui, dtd.ui, html.ui. This seems odd. David - are there really no JUnits or are they just not being picked up? The Javadoc for these is also very low, but at there are only a few methods to document here. sse.ui is also in the red for both JUnit and Javadoc. jsp.ui and xml.ui have low Javadoc. These 6 components are candidates for deferal unless the numbers improve.

In JST j2ee.core is missing 600 Javadoc comments. I assume this is all in the generated EMF models. Chuck - can EMF generate Javadoc?

WST common.snippets is missing its Overview document. Craig - you are the wst.common component lead. Please add an Overview document for snippets.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411