[wtp-dev] API Definitions and OSGi Access restrictions

This not is FYI only. I am posting this information strictly as a heads up for changes we will be making to our API definition format in the future.

The reference below describes how to control access to packages.  Don't make any changes to use this capability until we determine a consistent policy that won't negatively impact adopters.

Currently, we are using component.xml files which include two types of information: 1) API definition, 2) component boundaries. We plan to split this information in a future release. component.xml will be replaced by api.xml which can be generated from source code annotations. The component boundary information will be defined in the OSGi bundle manifest as described in the referenced document.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM on 11/28/2005 04:45 PM -----
Wassim Melhem/Toronto/IBM

09/01/2005 10:44 AM

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
Subject
Fw: Access restrictions

----- Forwarded by Wassim Melhem/Toronto/IBM on 09/01/2005 10:44 AM -----
Wassim Melhem/Toronto/IBM

09/01/2005 10:20 AM

Jeffrey Liu/Toronto/IBM
cc
Subject
Access restrictions

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/pde-ui-home/access_restrictions/restrictions.html

Wassim Melhem

  Wassim Melhem
Staff Software Developer, The Eclipse Project
IBM Toronto Laboratory
8200 Warden Ave, Markham, ON   L6G 1C7
Internal Mail: D1/R0Q/8200/MKM   PWA: 318
Phone: 905-413-2620 T/L: 969-2620 Fax: 905-413-4850
Email: wassimm@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top