From: Jeffrey Liu [mailto:jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2005 10:33 AM
To: ian.trimble@xxxxxxxxxx; General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] CVS problem; permission denied

Hi Ian,

What kind of connection are you using? pserver or extssh? I think you need to use extssh to do commits. To check whether your committer access is setup correctly, try going to the Eclipse committer page [1] and try to login. See if you can do it.

[1] https://dev.eclipse.org/committers/login/index.php

Thanks,

Jeffrey Liu
IBM Rational Software - Performance Analyst
IBM Toronto Lab.
8200 Warden Ave. Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
Internal mail: D3/R8V/8200/MKM (D3-268)
T/L: 969 3531
Tel: (905) 413 3531
Fax: (905) 413 4920
jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx

"Ian Trimble" <ian.trimble@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/24/2005 01:26 PM

Please respond to
"ian.trimble@xxxxxxxxxx" and "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] CVS problem; permission denied

Hi, and sorry for the spam, but I'm getting nowhere trying to figure out who to ask about this, so please ignore or bear with me.

I'm attempting to checkin code for the JSF sub-project, but I get the following errors when I attempt the checkin:

Problems encountered performing commit
 The server reported an error while performing the "cvs commit" command.
 org.eclipse.wtp.jsf.core: cvs [commit aborted]: could not open lock file `/home/webtools/org.eclipse.jsf/components/jsf/plugins/org.eclipse.wtp.jsf.core/src/org/eclipse/wtp/jsf/core/internal/jsflibraryregistry/,JSFLibrary.java,': Permission denied
 The server reported an error while performing the "cvs commit" command.
 org.eclipse.wtp.jsf.ui: cvs [commit aborted]: could not open lock file `/home/webtools/org.eclipse.jsf/components/jsf/plugins/org.eclipse.wtp.jsf.ui/src/org/eclipse/wtp/jsf/ui/internal/classpath/,JSFLibraryWizard.java,': Permission denied

It was my understanding that I had committer access but these errors seem to indicate that perhaps I don't, or perhaps that access was not setup quite right. Can anyone help, or can anyone point me to someone who can take care of this?

Thanks in advance, and again, sorry for the spam,
 - Ian

Ian Trimble
JDeveloper Group
Oracle Corporation Canada Inc.
Office: (250) 954-0837
Email: ian.trimble@xxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.oracle.com
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender and delete all copies.