RE: [wtp-dev] Agenda for WTP Status Telecon, 2005-11-23

If there’s time, let’s also ask component leads for API documentation / testing status, and remind everyone that both are requirements for declaring APIs in 1.0. Thanks,

-t

From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Arthur Ryman
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 7:42 AM
To: wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [wtp-dev] Agenda for WTP Status Telecon, 2005-11-23

See WTP Status Telecons [1] for more information.

[1] http://eclipse.org/webtools/development/status-telecons/index.html

Agenda

1. Review of Open Action Items [1] - Arthur Ryman

ID

Sev

Pri

Plt

Assignee

Reporter

Status

Resolution

Comp

Summary

113137

nor

P3

PC

naci.dai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

jst.j2ee

[action] Create a tutorial document for facets

114446

nor

P3

PC

cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx

jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

jst.j2ee

[action] Open API requests for non-API usages in WTP

115141

nor

P3

PC

jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx

jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

releng

[action] The API Scanner should be able to run from withi...

115149

nor

P3

PC

jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx

jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

releng

[action] We need to start doing scalability testings

4 bugs found.

[1]  https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=casesubstring&short_desc=%5Baction%5D&product=Web+Tools&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

2. WTP 1.0 M9 Readiness - Arthur Ryman

We'll review the unresolved bugs. In the absence of show-stoppers, we'll declare M9.

Status as of 9:00 AM EST is as follows:

Blocker/Critical

0 blocker/critical bugs targetted to 1.0 M9 [1]

P1

0 P1 bugs targetted to 1.0 M9 [2]

Total

14 total bugs targetted to 1.0 M9 [3]:

ID

Sev

Pri

Plt

Assignee

Reporter

Status

Resolution

Comp

Summary

116144

maj

P3

PC

naci.dai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

darryl@xxxxxxxxxxxx

NEW

jst.ejb

NPE in XDoclet from imported project outside default work...

113086

enh

P3

PC

naci.dai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

david.schneider@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

jst.ejb

EJB creation wizard missing Entity Bean option

112216

maj

P3

PC

mdelder@xxxxxxxxxx

dmisic@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.comm

Project Explorer forces components to have dependency on JST

108829

nor

P3

All

csalter@xxxxxxxxxx

john.oshea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.wsdl

WSDL Editor is silently re-writing bindings on save, like...

109824

enh

P3

All

deboer@xxxxxxxxxx

john.oshea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.serv

Specifying the wrong port when creating a Generic Server ...

117377

maj

P2

PC

kosta@xxxxxxx

kathy@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.comm

Cannot change Java version in project facet UI

109974

nor

P2

PC

tcarroll@xxxxxxx

kayegypt@xxxxxx

NEW

jst.jsp

EL translator causes compilation error in generated java ...

102227

maj

P4

PC

jst.server-inbox@xxxxxxxxxxx

kkatyal@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

jst.serv

EARComponentExportOperation shouldn't lock entire workspace

115191

maj

P3

PC

ledunnel@xxxxxxxxxx

ledunnel@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.rdb

Several RDB plug-ins should be single jarred

114972

nor

P3

PC

csalter@xxxxxxxxxx

lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.comm

Remove dependency on runtime compatibility in wst.common.ui

114973

nor

P3

PC

csalter@xxxxxxxxxx

lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.comm

Remove dependency on runtime compatibility in wst.common....

112363

maj

P3

PC

deboer@xxxxxxxxxx

rsanheim@xxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.serv

making changes to web content does not automatically depl...

114829

nor

P3

PC

deboer@xxxxxxxxxx

sengpl@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

jst.j2ee

Web project's compiler compliance not updated with target...

117606

enh

P3

PC

gercan@xxxxxxx

yung-chang.chen@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

jst.serv

Generic server adapter supports for OC4J 10.1.3 released ...

14 bugs found.

Total Blocker/Critical

21 blocker/critical bugs not targetted to 1.0 M9 [4]:

ID

Sev

Pri

Plt

Assignee

Reporter

Status

Resolution

Comp

Summary

117187

blo

P3

PC

cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx

jspitman@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

jst.j2ee

Problem with edit model known resources and facets

117235

blo

P3

PC

sinan.konya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

vbhadrir@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

jst.serv

Unable to create app client with a valid server defined

103999

cri

P4

PC

rsinha@xxxxxxxxxx

bing.yang@xxxxxxxxxxxx

NEW

jst.ws

Bug 88349 is not fixed!!!!

111674

cri

P3

PC

david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx

cap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.xml

[format] Preserving space during XML format for selected ...

114112

cri

P4

All

kosta@xxxxxxx

cbrealey@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.comm

WTP needs to provide extensible project facet simulation ...

117367

cri

P3

PC

kosta@xxxxxxx

cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.comm

Need listener mechanism to detect project facet changes

117488

cri

P3

PC

kosta@xxxxxxx

deboer@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.comm

Can't create project after renaming runtime

115327

cri

P3

PC

tbashor@xxxxxxx

deboer@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.comm

Facet/runtime changes don't cascade to child projects

112967

cri

P3

PC

david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx

franklin.degraaf@xxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.xsd

poor performance on large documents

111085

cri

P3

PC

kboo@xxxxxxxxxx

jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.xsd

[performance] Read XSD perf testcase shows ~80% regression

116668

cri

P3

PC

rmah@xxxxxxxxxx

jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.wsdl

[performance] WSDL editor is leaking memory

99468

cri

P2

PC

kchong@xxxxxxxxxx

jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.xsd

[performance] XSD graphical editor has major memory leaks

107316

cri

P2

PC

david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx

jljlmatu@xxxxxxxxxx

REOP

wst.sse

Different id is generated by IModelManager#calculateId() ...

107311

cri

P2

PC

david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx

jljlmatu@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.sse

IStructuredModel#save(IFile) for SaveAs causes a ghost file

107320

cri

P2

PC

david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx

jljlmatu@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.sse

StructuredTextEitor#setInput() creates another IStructure...

117145

cri

P3

PC

nagrawal@xxxxxxxxxx

jspitman@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.web

Cannot change context root of a WebApp using the GUI

108176

cri

P3

PC

kboo@xxxxxxxxxx

kalia@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.wsdl

parts attribute not getting serialised on SOAPBody

116930

cri

P3

PC

rsinha@xxxxxxxxxx

rkklai@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

wst.comm

String2TypeRuntimeModifier not called

102867

cri

P4

PC

jeffliu@xxxxxxxxxx

sdatta@xxxxxxxxxx

ASSI

jst.ws

Can't create a simple top down web service using WTP0.7 w...

116523

cri

P3

PC

pavery@xxxxxxxxxx

sellis@xxxxxxx

NEW

wst.sse

NullPointerException at BasicStructuredDocumentRegion get...

117325

cri

P3

PC

jsholl@xxxxxxxxxx

theivend@xxxxxxxxxx

NEW

jst.j2ee

DataModelWizard needs to support IWizardPage

21 bugs found.

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?product=Web+Tools&target_milestone=1.0+M9&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical
[2] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?product=Web+Tools&target_milestone=1.0+M9&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&priority=P1
[3] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?product=Web+Tools&target_milestone=1.0+M9&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED
[4] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?product=Web+Tools&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical

3. WTP 1.0 M10 Adopter Priorities - Tim Wagner/Jeffrey Liu

There are 1500+ bugs currently unresolved. We are not going to fix all of these for WTP 1.0, so we need to focus on the most important ones now. Vendor adoption is a main goal of WTP 1.0 so we need to prioritize the bugs that are the most important to adopters. Tim will present the BEA requirements. Jeffrey will present the IBM requirements. Other adopters are invited to provide their requirements.

4. Other Business - Open

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077