[wtp-dev] Clarification on What Goes Into M9

I have seen some bugzilla traffic that indicated confusion about what goes into M9, so I thought it would be useful to go over the guidelines.

Our goal should be to have no unresolved P1, critical, or blocker bugs, and as few major bugs as possible. However, we also need a stable release that adopters can pick up. Therefore don't commit fixes unless you have tested them locally and are confident that they won't destabilze the build. Given those guidelines, release your fixes by EOD Monday so we can produce a good M9 candidate Tuesday and declare M9 on Wednesday.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411