RE: [wtp-dev] Facet documentation

Sachin,

Rest assured that we all understand the importance of docs in making WTP
a viable platform for ISVs to build on. Now that the functional coding
is complete for M9, there should be more cycles available to dedicate to
documentation.

In the meantime, here is an example definition along with pointers to
relevant interface that you would need to implement.

<extension point="org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.facets">

  <project-facet id="my.facet">
    <label>My Facet</label>
    <description>The description.</description>
  </project-facet>

  <project-facet-version facet="my.facet" version="1.0">
    <constraint>
      <and>
        <requires facet="jst.web" version="&gt;=2.3"/>
        <requires facet="jst.java" version="1.4,5.0"/>
      </and>
    </constraint>
  </project-facet-version>

  <project-facet-version facet="my.facet" version="2.0">
    <constraint>
      <and>
        <requires facet="jst.web" version="2.4"/>
        <requires facet="jst.java" version="5.0"/>
      </and>
    </constraint>
  </project-facet-version>

  <action type="install" facet="my.facet" version="1.0,2.0">
    <delegate
      class="(see org.eclipse.wst.project.facet.core.IDelegate)"/>
    <!-- Optional. Only needed if you want to gather user input. -->
    <config-factory
      class="(see org.eclipse.wst.project.facet.core.
IActionConfigFactory)"/>
  </action>

</extension>

<extension point="org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.runtimes">
  <!-- If you care to carefully control which runtimes you facet will
run
       on do something like this: -->
  <supported>
    <runtime-component id="org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat"
version="4.0"/>
    <facet id="my.facet" version="&gt;=1.0"/>
  </supported>
  <supported>
    <runtime-component id="org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat"
version="5.0"/>
    <facet id="my.facet" version="2.0"/>
  </supported>
  <!-- Otherwise: -->
  <supported>
    <runtime-component any="true"/>
    <facet id="my.facet" version="1.0,2.0"/>
  </supported>
</extension>

<extension point="org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.ui.images">
  <image facet="my.facet" path="icons/myicon.gif"/>
</extension>

<!-- Optional. Only needed if you want to gather user input. Make sure
     define the config factory if you use this. -->

<extension point="org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.ui.wizard">

  <wizard-pages facet="my.facet" version="1.0">
    <install>
      <page class="(see org.eclipse.wst.project.facet.ui.
IFacetWizardPage)"/>
    </install>
  </wizard-pages>

  <wizard-pages facet="my.facet" version="2.0">