Re: [wtp-dev] Achieving WTP 1.0 Quality Targets

+1.

People have had enough time to verify the fixes that were made in 0.7. If the reporters later find the fix is bad, they can reopen.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx

Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/15/2005 04:38 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] Achieving WTP 1.0 Quality Targets

As we push to fix bugs I think we need a targeted push for verification of resolved bugs as well. (As we did for 0.7.) Bugzilla is currently showing that there are
1359 bugs in the resolved state.

I'd like to suggest that we close any bugs that were fixed in 0.7 but have not yet been verfied.

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/15/2005 11:40 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Achieving WTP 1.0 Quality Targets

I'm sure everyone wants to be proud of WTP 1.0. We have a large number of serious bugs so we really need to focus on quality for the remainder of the development cycle:

blocker                8

critical                22

major                153

Total                183

We are planning a final release candidate on Dec. 7 which allows for a 1 week cooling off period prior to our Dec. 16 release. That means we have 3 weeks to fix bugs. Since there is so little time left, we need to be "ruthless" about what we work on. Please defer any work item that does not directly contribute to WTP 1.0 quality. This includes all outstanding enhancements. As usual, all CVS commit messages should include a bug number, i.e. all work should be associated with a bug.

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?product=Web+Tools&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker
[2] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?product=Web+Tools&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=critical

[3] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?product=Web+Tools&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=major