[wtp-dev] Initial JST componentization released for I-builds -- What remains to be done

In addition to the "obvious" stuff (like everyone testing, opening bugs, fixing bugs (related to
the component features) getting community
feedback, etc), another big item in our Release 1 features it to improve/fix the build scripts.

I found I had to use "includes" every where, when in fact many of them should be "requires".
That is, I had to use the "includes" tag to get everything assembled and reported correctly ...
as a result, the builds take about twice as long as they need to  ... I'll be working with Naci to
improve our scripts/process on the build server and in the "custom target" files
so "redundant" processing isn't required. I'm sure its only two lines of ant script some where ...
I just could not find which two :)

So, the point being, the "head" version of some of these features will be in flux as this is
sorted out .. if anyone needs a fix for the continuous released builds, be sure to base it
off the currently released version.

This should not impact committers or users very much, but apologize in advance to any
adopters that attempting to mimic our build process and definitions. A tiny bit of churn left.

Recall, we already now that all is "not right" with out feature definitions for Release 1
(such as some "core" plugins had to go in UI features, and is suspected not all can
be fixed for R1). We'll treat any problems with current feature definitions like any other
bug ... if its a serious problem that inhibits adoption, we should consider fixing ... its
its just an architectural purity issue ... then it can likely wait. Not to mention, there's been
issues raised that we need better "web services" and "ejb" separation, as well as, possibly,
*each* "product adapter" defined as separate feature (where as now, they are "lumped"
into one "product adapter" feature.

Much thanks, apologies for the delays.

Back to the top