Re: [wtp-dev] Requesting feedback: Workspace migration....

On 11/8/05, Chuck Bridgham <cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm trying to finish up the Line item to migrate "0.7" workspace projects to
> R1.0.
> There are a couple ways I could go invoking this action.
>
>         1) Automatically migrate projects during "first" access - would work
>         2) Menu item or other action to invoke migration.
>
> Is there a precedence we should be following from the base?

I've done way more project migrations then I would like to remember,
most by hand.  This will be a most welcome feature.

I think option #1 _with_ a confirmation dialog letting the user know
that the project structure will be changed and that it is not
reversible would be the best option.

Option 2 would be confusing for users not used to migration, where you
grab an old web project from cvs but then have to go look for it in
"Other Projects" to do something with it.

- Rob
-----
http://www.robsanheim.com/
http://www.ajaxian.com/