[wtp-dev] JST feature componentization this week

Just so everyone knows that's coming ...

I plan to introduce "component features" into this week's I-build for the JST project, roughly along the
lines of what's documented in
http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/arch_and_design/subsystems/SubsystemsAndFeatures.html

From what I can tell from my workspace, and from what component leads have informally mentioned,
I think we can not achieve in WTP 1.0 the "webservices and ejb" level split we'll want to investigate
later for WTP 1.5.

But, we still need to make progress, so I'll use the
jst-web,
jst-enterprise, and
jst-server
division that was originally proposed.

I believe this will still be a fair amount of work to "get right" (for the proper core/ui/documentation split) and still
an admirable achievement for WTP 1.0.

So, I'll begin to produce some "head builds" with this scheme later today, and move up to released features
on Wednesday. I suspect some bugs will be opened along the way.

BTW, CVS (and hence builds) are crawling (and hanging) this morning  ... I've sent note to webmaster to alert them and ask for assistance.
I think we've worn it out :)

Back to the top