[wtp-dev] Notification: We are changing WTP build time stamps to use UTC and ....

I have also added the "hours and minutes" to the zip file names.

This will likely be "transparent" to most, but .... may break "screen scrapers" or auto-download scripts.

This change is important to do since, technically, the "builds" could in theory be done on any machine,
in any time zone, so we want them all to have a common basis for comparison. (Ok, not completely theory,
I pushed up some head builds occasionally from the eastern time zone).

The builds are "stamped" when they start and the build ID (now) matches the maps' cvs version tag (except the version tag start's with 'v').

We've started this in the /committer/ download area, and it will start be the norm for this week's I-build.

The one drawback, you'll notice, is that since the download web display of the time is some funky PHP script, the old ones
will say "UTC" ... even though that won't be accurate. But ... I think since any build over a week old is ancient history :)
that we won't get confused.

If anyone notices any other issues/problems with this I haven't seen, let me know.

PS. The "code released" deadlines do not change :)

But ... you might want to consider using UTC in your own version tags?

Back to the top