RE: [wtp-dev] Facet documentation

Hi Konstantin,

What is the ETA for getting the facet design doc updated?  (http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/proposals/Features%20Framework%20Specification.htm)

We have a lot of developers needing to build on top of it and our schedule is short for doing it, so it would really help to get this document updated.

Thanks,

Jay

_____________________________________
Jay Cagle
Web RAD Tools Development Team Lead
IBM Rational Application Developer
(919) 254-6906 (t/l 444), jcagle@xxxxxxxxxx

"Konstantin Komissarchik" <kosta@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/02/2005 12:06 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [wtp-dev] Facet documentation

The closest we have is this: http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/proposals/Features%20Framework%20Specification.htm, which hasn’t been updated in a while. I will try to get it updated in the next couple of days.

We also need a transition doc that talks about api differences and what ISVs need to do to convert from 0.7 to 1.0. Does that already exist? If so, it would need a new section about converting to facets. Anyone wants to volunteer?

I am also planning to write an article/tutorial about creating facets, but that’s further out.

- Konstantin