Re: [wtp-dev] wtp requirements

Sashin,

WTP does not have a requirement to run on Eclipse N-2. Where did you get requirement from?

Our goal is to be independent of the Eclipse version as much as possible, but currently we rely on function that has no defined API.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx

Sachin Patel <sppatel2@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/03/2005 07:46 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] wtp requirements

So I'm being asked why WTP requires a specific level of Eclipse, EMF,
etc.....  as specified in the "Requirements" section on the download
page.  Their concern is that all eclipse projects should be supporting
an N-2 model, thus WTP .7 should run on 3.1.1 and 3.2, as well as WTP
1.0 should run on current 3.2 builds.  Is this a valid concern? If not
whats the formal answer on this?  Are these version requirements only
"recommend requirements"?

If someone posts on defect claiming the WTP 1.0 is broke on Eclipse 3.2
M2, would that just be marked as INVALID?

Thanks.
--
Sachin