RE: [wtp-dev] Meeting to discuss Project Facet UI integration

Notes from the mtg

* user choices in wizard should be "sticky" between runs of the wizard
* first panel should be limited to high value "quick pick" settings.
User Next's through to facet pages for detailed config.
* any settings exposed on the first panel may/should appear again (and
be editable) on following facet config pages, e.g. Runtime selection
will be on first page AND also be selectable/changeable on the following
facet selection page.

Debated whether various settings should be available on the first page,
generally decided that users won't need to change the following items
often, so they don't need to appear on first page
* j2ee version number
* java source root
* web source root
* web context path
* use javadoc annotations

Enterprise App wizard
  First Page:  Project name
  First Page:  Project location
  First Page:  Select Runtime (initially <none>)

Web Wizard
  First Page:  Project name
  First Page:  Project location
  First Page:  Add to EAR
  First Page:  Select Runtime (initially <none>)

  need to define facet representing javadoc annotation support

EJB Wizard
  First Page:  Project name
  First Page:  Project location
  First Page:  Add to EAR
  First Page:  Select Runtime (initially <none>)

  jst.ejb facet page:  UI for generating client jar project; use of a
client jar project will NOT be represented by a separate facet

  need to define facet representing javadoc annotation support

Connector wizard
  First Page:  Project name
  First Page:  Project location
  First Page:  Add to EAR
  First Page:  Select Runtime (initially <none>)

Utility wizard
  First Page:  Project name
  First Page:  Project location
  First Page:  Add to EAR
  First Page:  Select Runtime (initially <none>)

Note: unlike web, ejb, connector facets, the utility facet will not
require that a (runtime) classpath container be added to the project.

App Client wizard
  First Page:  Project name
  First Page:  Project location
  First Page:  Add to EAR
  First Page:  Select Runtime (initially <none>)

  First Page or facet config page:  text box for selecting main class

Discussion about whether a panel for selecting project dependencies
should appear on the first page of Web/EJB/connector/Utility/App Client
wizards.  Likewise, whether a panel for selecting contained modules
should be on the first page of the EAR wizards.  General agreement (I
think) that it would be useful to have this UI somewhere in the wizard,
and probably before the facet selection page, but disagreement as to
where.

1) always displayed on the first page
2) hidden under an Advanced button
3) on a second page (before the facet selection page)
4) only on a facet config page

Will just pick one of these options and get feedback.