From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Shaun Smith
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 11:54 AM
To: General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
Cc: dali-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [wtp-dev] Meeting to discuss Project Facet UI integration

Recommendations:
4) First page:  option to select a Runtime instance
   * Note that for a web project, selection of a runtime will be
required for the Finish button to enable. If a user does NOT select a
runtime on the first panel, then he will be required to continue through
to the facet pages in order to set up classpath for the servlet api
jar(s). Is there a similar requirement for setting up ejb classpath?

Tim,

For the upcoming EJB 3.0 Entity support in Dali we have the option of
deploying out of container so sometimes we're going to want to not
choose a runtime but instead setup the classpath just like you describe
for the servlet api jars.

We've just been talking about how to configure the classpath to handle
the in container and out of container deployment scenarios.  Sounds like
the facet framework will make this easier for us.

   Shaun
   www.ecilpse.org/dali