RE: [wtp-dev] Meeting to discuss Project Facet UI integration

John,

We plan to continue having wizard labeled as “Web Project”, “EJB Project”, “EAR Project”, etc., but to have them be based on the faceted project infrastructure for extensibility. We currently have no plans to expose a completely generic faceted project wizard where the user would be able to choose from the completely library of facets.

- Konstantin

From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Arthorne
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 6:51 AM
To: General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] Meeting to discuss Project Facet UI integration

Keep in mind when discussing this that web tools will often be running alongside other non web-tools plugins that have no knowledge of facets.  Thus, while the facets framework is theoretically very general, it might be a good idea to clearly label a facet-based project wizard as a "web tools" specific thing in the UI to avoid confusion.  I.e., if the project wizard was called "generic project" or "multi-faceted project" it would not fit nicely alongside project wizards from other plugins (imagine the user confusion when this fancy looking generic project can't do C development, plug-in development, etc).  It may be better to call it something like "Web Project" so users know the scope of what it is capable of.

John

Kathy Chan wrote:

> As suggested in today's Project Facet integration meeting, we'll be
> having a seperate meeting this Wednesday to discuss how we could
> best integrate project facet UI into the existing project creation
> UI and where it would make sense to have new UI for WTP 1.0.

Back to the top