Re: [wtp-dev] Meeting to discuss Project Facet UI integration

Keep in mind when discussing this that web tools will often be running alongside other non web-tools plugins that have no knowledge of facets.  Thus, while the facets framework is theoretically very general, it might be a good idea to clearly label a facet-based project wizard as a "web tools" specific thing in the UI to avoid confusion.  I.e., if the project wizard was called "generic project" or "multi-faceted project" it would not fit nicely alongside project wizards from other plugins (imagine the user confusion when this fancy looking generic project can't do C development, plug-in development, etc).  It may be better to call it something like "Web Project" so users know the scope of what it is capable of.

John

Kathy Chan wrote:

> As suggested in today's Project Facet integration meeting, we'll be
> having a seperate meeting this Wednesday to discuss how we could
> best integrate project facet UI into the existing project creation
> UI and where it would make sense to have new UI for WTP 1.0.

Back to the top