Re: [wtp-dev] J2EE Facet Changes in this weeks integration build

On 10/20/05, Chuck Bridgham <cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> WTP J2EE Build status for this weeks I Build.
>
> Facets have been integrated into EJB, J2EE Web, and EAR Project creation -
> Using existing wizards.   (Including EJB/WEB/EAR Import).
> Because some sweeping changes were made in the way projects were identified
> (Typed)  Some of the other module creation features will not be functioning
> in this weeks build
> Java Utility jars, EJB Client projects, AppClient, and Connector projects
> are not functioning for this weeks build.  (These are scheduled for next
> week).
>
> Project Runtime targeting is not enabled, and by default projects will be
> created without Server containers.
>
> A workaround for this week , is to use the "Add/Remove Project Facet" menu
> item....    select the tomcat runtime, and push "bind" button.  The
> classpath will be updated.
>
> The facet's defined in this weeks build:
>
> jst.java
>         jst.ejb
>         jst.web
> jst.ear
>
> Next week we will have
>
> jst.java
>         jst.ejb
>         jst.web
>         jst.appclient
>         jst.connector
> jst.ear
>
> In this weeks build, because a migrator has not been provided, previously
> created workspace projects will not be functional or recognized by the facet
> framework.

When these facet changes become a bit more stable, will there be a
seamless migration for projects created in older int. builds?  This
was quite a sore spot for a lot of users when the project structure
changed last time.

- Rob
--
http://www.robsanheim.com/