RE: [wtp-dev] J2EE Facet Changes in this weeks integration build

John,

Was there anything in the error log? Also, could you try this with a clean workspace? The runtime bridge seems to have trouble with “dirty” workspaces. I tried this on the latest ibuild and it seems to work.

- Konstantin

From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Lanuti
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 7:13 AM
To: General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
Subject: Re: [wtp-dev] J2EE Facet Changes in this weeks integration build

The workaround described below does not seem to be functioning in the latest I build.

However another workaround is to manually open the project properties on your J2EE project and add a server target the "old" way:
Properties->Server->Target Runtime.

I was able to get servlets running on Tomcat in this manner.

Thanks,

John Lanuti
Software Engineer, IBM Rational
jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx
t/l 441-7861

"I know this lady way down in my country.
She is so pretty that my eyes throw disguises at me.
Now we will sit and we'll wonder about our future,
But now I'm thinking that today sounds fine to me."  - Of A Revolution

Chuck Bridgham/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/20/2005 08:05 PM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

[wtp-dev] J2EE Facet Changes in this weeks integration build

WTP J2EE Build status for this weeks I Build.

Facets have been integrated into EJB, J2EE Web, and EAR Project creation - Using existing wizards.   (Including EJB/WEB/EAR Import).

Because some sweeping changes were made in the way projects were identified  (Typed)  Some of the other module creation features will not be functioning in this weeks build

Java Utility jars, EJB Client projects, AppClient, and Connector projects are not functioning for this weeks build.  (These are scheduled for next week).

Project Runtime targeting is not enabled, and by default projects will be created without Server containers.

A workaround for this week , is to use the "Add/Remove Project Facet" menu item....    select the tomcat runtime, and push "bind" button.  The classpath will be updated.

The facet's defined in this weeks build:

jst.java

       jst.ejb

       jst.web

jst.ear

Next week we will have

jst.java

       jst.ejb

       jst.web

       jst.appclient

       jst.connector

jst.ear

In this weeks build, because a migrator has not been provided, previously created workspace projects will not be functional or recognized by the facet framework.

Rational J2EE Tooling Team Lead
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
Email:  cbridgha@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 919-254-1848 (T/L: 444)