[wtp-dev] Updated Architecture and Design Document

I've updated the "Subsystems and Features" document, to correct some errors, add some detail, and incorporate some
feedback received.

See

http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/arch_and_design/subsystems/SubsystemsAndFeatures.html

Or, more generally,
http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/arch_and_design/arch_page.html

It is still a "work in progress", but ready for anohter round of review and feedback. In sum, everyone likes the general
idea of having finer grained features defined, even if we do not delever each as a zip distribution. But some details
remain to be resolved and sized.

In particular the "JST" section needs more work. The previous version had two "large lumps" for "j2ee web" and "j2ee enterprise" areas.
Its been suggested we divide that "enterprise level" into finer level features, web services, ejb's, jca's,  I'll be asking others about this,
but opinons from adopters/community welcome.

The other change, if anyone noticed, I'm "backing off" the suggestion to include the JUnit Tests in the SDK distributions. While I think there's some
merit to the idea -- especially good during our development (and got some good feedback about it) ... others thought that once the
final package delivered, there would be less utility, and then everyone gets "stuck" downloading the whole thing. So, I'll reconsider
if others voice wild approval, otherwise status quo raises less eye brows.

Back to the top