Re: [wtp-dev] Axis2 Eclipse Plugin

Naci,

That's great. Just let Chris know who can help.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@xxxxxxx

Naci Dai <naci.dai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/29/2005 01:41 AM

Please respond to
naci.dai and "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-dev] Axis2 Eclipse Plugin

Arthur,

We can volunteer a resource on it to work with someone from Apache Axis2.

> Arthur,
> I've downloaded the Axis2 Eclipse plugins and played with them a wee
> bit. There are two wizards, one for generating WSDL from Java and vice
> versa, and one for generating Web services "Axis archives". The
> wizards provide fairly nifty SWT wrappers around the Axis2 tools. They
> neither use nor extend anything from WTP. They also do not appear to
> exploit much of Eclipse beyond SWT. From what I've seen of the source
> (and I've only breezed over some of it), they are compact,
> well-written wizards geared towards putting a good looking graphical
> face on the Axis2 tools. Most other aspects of Eclipse integation
> typical of other plugins appear a bit lacking, which is where
> integration with WTP could really help. For example, initial
> selections are ignored, filenames are operating system specific
> (Eclipse resource filenames don't work), page validation is minimal,
> and error conditions from the CodeGenerationEngine appear to be
> rendered as-is.
>
> I think it would be very worthwhile to adapt Axis2's SWT stuff (and
> generators of course) with our Web services and Environment frameworks
> - especially if, as you suggest, we can find somebody from the Apache
> Axis2 project to help out, as it will be some time before I or anyone
> on my local team here can invest much effort into integrating Axis2
> into WTP.
>
> Cheers - CB.
>
> Chris Brealey
> Senior Advisory Technical Manager, Rational Java Web Services, IBM
> Canada Ltd.
> D3-275, D3/ENX/8200/MKM, 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, Canada,
> L6G 1C7
> cbrealey@xxxxxxxxxx, 905.413.6038, tieline:969.6038, fax:905.413.4920
>

> *Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA*
> Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> 09/27/2005 08:19 PM
> Please respond to
> "General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

>                  wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> cc
>
> Subject
>                  [wtp-dev] Axis2 Eclipse Plugin
>

> I met Sanjiva Weerawarana at my WSDL 2.0 meeting today and he pointed
> out that Axis2 packaged their code generator as an Eclipse plugin. [1]
> It doesn't use the WTP extension points AFAIK. Sanjiva was interested
> in contributing this the WTP.
>
> Chris, please have a look at this. Maybe we can get an Axis2 project
> member to work on WTP to integrate this.
>
> [1] http://ws.apache.org/axis2/CodegenToolReference.html
>
> Arthur Ryman,
> IBM Software Group, Rational Division
>
> blog: http://ryman.eclipsedevelopersjournal.com/