[wtp-dev] Proposal for a WTP 1.5 code stream

In Thursday's WTP status telecon, I would like to discuss the possibility of opening up a WTP 1.5 code stream. Now that Eclipse 3.2 is available, vendors will start building products on top of Eclipse 3.2. For those vendors who also use WTP, they'll need a WTP build that works on top Eclipse 3.2. However, such WTP build does not exist. We are still building on top of Eclipse 3.1.1 and we have yet to test WTP on top of Eclipse 3.2. To encourage the adoption of WTP and to allow these vendors to make progress, I would like to propose we open up a WTP 1.5 code stream and start building WTP on top of Eclipse 3.2.

Initially, we can keep the 1.0 code stream and the 1.5 code stream common as much as possible by only fixing Eclipse 3.2 API changes. That way, the effort to maintain dual code streams can be kept to a minimal. Your suggestions/comments/concerns are welcome.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Liu

Back to the top