[wtp-dev] Proposed schedule for integrating project facet, server, J2EE and Web Services tools components for M9

Hi,

With M9 less than 9 weeks away, folks from the project facet, server, J2EE and Web services team got together to put together a schedule for integrating project facet into server, J2EE and Web services tooling for WTP M9.

We plan to keep our existing API/code functional and work on the new API/code in parallel.  We are striving to make non-breaking incremental changes and still maintain functional integration driver each week.

The following is a proposed schedule across the project facet, server, J2EE and Web Service tool components for achieving M9:

09/23        Project facet API defined and functional (including any changes based on the feedback received to date)
09/26        Project facet in a WTP build
09/30        Server tools API defined taking into account the new project facet and any changes in flexible project
10/07        J2EE tools API defined taking into account the new project facet and any changes in flexible project
10/07        Server tools code functional according to new API
10/14        J2EE tools code functional according to new API
10/14        Web services API defined based on project facet, server  and J2EE tooling API
10/28        Web Services tooling functional according to new API
11/07        Project facet, server, J2EE and Web Services tooling all stabilized for M9.  Only critical bugs will be fixed from this point on.
11/11        M9 FVT entry integration driver.
11/18        Declare M9

Note:  We take functional to mean code and unit test complete (DCUT) for the commands/operations. This would be the first date consumer of the API can expect the code to be functional.  The code would still need to be stabilized and there will be bugs that need to be worked out.  We would still need to add dates for integrating the UI representation.

We will be having regular weekly meeting to discuss integration issues and track to the above dates.

Please let us know if you have any concern on the above proposed schedule.

Regards,

Kathy Chan
Rational Java Web Services, IBM Toronto Lab
D3-354, D3/R8V/8200/MKM, 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, Canada, L6G 1C7
kathy@xxxxxxxxxx, (905) 413-3022, tieline: 969-6038, fax: (905) 413-4920

Back to the top